HOW OUR RESERVATION SYSTEM WORKS
IMPORTANT! YOU MUST ALREADY HAVE THE CAT TRAPPED BEFORE RESERVING A SPOT!!!
- Registration is available 3 days out from drop off day (Mondays, with the exception of Monday holidays, then dropoff is on Tuesdays) with a maximum of 2 cats.
- As a reminder, our updated reservation system is for those that already have a feral cat in a trap (in their possession). If you have not already trapped the cat, then we strongly advise that you delete your reservation and re-reserve a slot after the cat is trapped.
- If you bring a cat in anything other than a trap or transfer cage, it may not be accepted and you will get a strike/warning onto your profile (read more under drop off times)
It is our goal to reduce the euthanasia of feral cats in our community by providing a more humane and effective method to control the FERAL CAT population in our area. This is a unique and collaborative effort between HSNBA and the Comal County Veterinary Medical Association. Our veterinary support is tied to altering FERAL cats, not friendly pets. If we lose our veterinary support by doing owned friendly cats, everyone loses, especially the cats.
WHAT IS FERAL?
Feral is a behavior – feral cats are poorly socialized with humans and prefer not to be touched and handled, fleeing from unfamiliar humans, or striking out if threatened. Simply being born outside or living outside does NOT make a cat feral.
DROP OFF TIMES
All feral cats must arrive to HSNBA in a trap. We accept feral cats for clinic on MONDAYS from 10am to 4pm. Check in at the front desk of the Humane Society. For the safety of our staff and volunteers, we will not accept cats in anything but traps and/or transfer cages. One cat per trap please. HSNBA will contact you when the cats are ready to be picked up.
If it is determined that the cat(s) you bring to our clinic are NOT feral, they are not eligible for this program. They will instead be put through our adoption program where they may have to wait 2-3 weeks before getting fixed during which time, they may become ill, (especially if they have never been vaccinated). After they have been fixed, you will be called to adopt them back out for an adoption fee of $120. Other charges for care may apply as well.
If you are unsure if your trapped cat(s) is too friendly for our program, please consider using Hill Country Animal League instead. (http://hcaltx.org/spayneuter-clinic/services-fees/)
NO SHOW POLICY
If you end up making a reservation and do not show up, then we have created a system. You will get:
- One strike/warning (i.e. no cat, no reservation! It’s pretty simple.)
- After 2 no shows, you will be under suspension for 30 days from using the TNR program
- After the suspension period, if there is one more no show for a reservation (which shouldn’t happen because the cat is already trapped, right?), then this is considered the third strike and you will not be able to use the NBCCC program anymore
Together we can end the euthanasia of cats in Central Texas!