Making sure your pet is spayed or neutered is an important component to responsible pet guardianship.
If you adopted your animal from an animal shelter, it is also the law!
Benefits of Spaying and Neutering
- Spayed/neutered pets are less likely to develop mammary tumors and ovarian or testicular cancers.
- Keeps pet from roaming in search of a mate; pet is less likely to be hit by a car or catch a disease from another animal.
- Helps your community by limiting animal overpopulation. Millions of dogs and cats across America are euthanized every year, struggle as strays or end up in animal shelters. Your pet’s offspring could be among them.
- Reduces the urge to fight with other animals; protects pet from bite wounds.
- Reduces/eliminates spraying (marking territory with urine).
- Saves money and time that would be spent on raising puppies or kittens. The cost of spay/neuter surgery pales in comparison.
However, we know that vet care can be expensive, especially for any kind of surgery, so we have compiled a list for you of lower cost options for getting your pet spayed or neutered. Please contact them to schedule the procedure and determine their criteria for spaying or neutering your pet and if they require you produce proof of needing lower cost services.
San Antonio Humane Society
San Antonio, TX 78229
Animal Defense League
11215 Iota Drive
San Antonio 78217
San Antonio Spay-Neuter & Animal Wellness Clinic
6758 Ingram Road
San Antonio, TX 78238
Hill Country Animal League
924 N Main Street
Boerne, TX 7806